Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ah, Sweet September in the South

September is here, and , well, here in the southeast, that does NOT mean cooler weather!
Still in the 90's & not much cooler in the evenings, yet.
I, however, (as you may have learned from my previous post) am VERY happy with the extended summertime climate, being very cold-natured.
An old friend from FL , whom I had not seen in person in 14 years, came to visit last weekend with her husband & oldest daughter. We had a great time relaxing & catching up on each other's lives. She came to our home (which we just finished building & moved into last Oct), and she was thrilled for us...she just couldn't get over the fact that our kitchen has TWO 'pantries'...one for the food, and one for supplies (such as wrap, paper plates, napkins, etc) and the bottom is a slotted space for my baking pans)...she said "this is just WRONG!" HA! I told her since I helped choose what we would have in the plans, I was going to make CERTAIN I had enough storage!
(The old house we moved from (lived there 20 years!) had just old painted cabinets that you had to get down on your knees to see into, and I was determined to remedy THAT situation!)
Next weekend, our small town has it's annual Apple Festival, and our church, called Freedom Church, will be having a booth there (really, it is more than a 'booth', we expect to set up several tents). We will hand out water, church info, and one of our members has procured some small soft teddy bears to hand out to the children, which will be wearing little Freedom Church T-shirts and have an opening in the back to place a small cross. The children will be told the story of Jesus dying on the cross for OUR sins, and will be told that if they want more information about this, to bring their parents to FREEDOM CHURCH! What better way to spread the Gospel message than through the ones Jesus called to Himself , the CHILDREN! (Matthew 19:14)
The following weekend, I am having my entire dad's side of the family over to our home for a big cookout...it will be a reunion, of sorts, as about one year ago, I left the church that most of my family attends & went with our pastor (that was at that church at the time) to go start a new church, which is our FREEDOM CHURCH. So I do not see most of this side of my family & I am SO looking forward to getting back together with them to catch up on their lives.
Have a wonderful September, all & probably when I get time to write again, it really WILL be fall-like weather. God Bless!
Malia

No comments: