Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh The Changes a Year Can Make

Well, obviously , I have not posted for almost a whole year (well, 10 mos) so I guess my blogging is really hap-hazard...but oh my goodness, what has happened in the past 10 mos.
First, (but not in any kind of chronological order)...I lost my precious Mom on May 12, 2 days after Mother's day this year. She was 77 years old, but you would never have known it....she still worked part time, shopped, cooked,baked,drove, ran errands, shopped, sent cards,took care of my dad, shopped, went out to eat, enjoyed watching her shows on TV (Y&R, Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, & Pro-Bull-Riding!), talked on the phone & listened to my oldest daughter, Kelsey , shopped ! Suffice it to say she was a VERY active 77 year old...and I still cannot believe she is gone...but the one peace that I have is that I know she is safely in her Father's arms in heaven, and I WILL see her again! Losing Mom has left a HUGE hole in all our hearts, and a month later, I still cry at least once almost every day...but I am told that gets better with time.
We also lost my 93 year old great aunt-Nuttie (pronounced like "hoody" with an 'N' (whom my Mom spent the last 10 years taking care of -4 of which was while she was in a nursing home & my Mom would go every day or two to take her clean clothes, bought her clothes, shoes, and brought her snacks, etc -trying to make her as comfortable as possible....Nuttie went to be with the Lord on Dec 10,2008...she went peacefully in her sleep, she just one morning, went all over the nursing home in her wheel chair--full of unexpected energy...then by around lunch time, she just seemed to lose all steam, and fell into a deep sleep, from which she never woke up, she just stopped breathing by that afternoon & slipped away while she slept.
Also, my oldest daughter Kelsey, bought her first home in a nearby city (she had been living about 2 1/2 hours away since college, & she is 26 -so we were so thankful she moved closer to home (about 30 minutes away now)...and she LOVES having her own townhome. She is still traveling all the time for her job with a large pharmaceutical company, but may try to do less of that sometime in the near future.
Meanwhile, my YOUNGEST daughter, Kendall, is engaged & getting married on July 18th of this year...WOW...can't believe my baby (she turns 24 the day after her wedding) is getting married & will soon be living with her new husband...can't really think about that too much yet, or the tears will start again!
Over the past 8 months or so, We, like many others in our country, have went through some VERY difficult times financially...my husband Roger is a self-employed painter, and the housing market starting last year pretty much put his income at around, ummm, $0 for several months, which really had us in fear of losing our home...but the Lord saw us through, without ever even having a late payment on anything....with many prayers from our family & friends, and MUCH MUCH cutting back (or cutting OUT!) everything that was not an absolute necessity! PRAISE GOD for He is GOOD...
Speaking of God being good, our church, only 3 years old now (in August) finally have a wonderful church building of our own! It is PERFECT, and right downtown in the middle of everything...so what a ministry field we have there....another great blessing from our GREAT GOD in the past year...AMEN!
Until next time, (or next month, or next year?!)
Malia

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

wow, didn't expect to sit here and cry...i just want mom back so bad. i want to call her and tell her about my crazy day today, and she would known all my flight numbers and ask pop for permission for me to call late tonight, but instead when i called pop this morning to tell him i landed, he said, "where?" i miss her so much. i would do anything to walk in their house and a fresh pot of pintos and a cake of cornbread be in the oven. ok, i have to stop, i am not going to be able to stop crying and calm down enough to sleep. love you bunches moma and i need sleep.